Today we hurried so much to get all the CAD done so we could lazer cut the acrylic but, while we were laying out the lazer cuter drawing we realized that the parts in the echassie weren’t up to date. Were not sure what to do because it looks like the creators of the open ROV haven published the CAD files for the updated version and instead just one huge lazer cutting file. So, we cant get just the echassie, leaving us only two options ether try to slice apart the lazer cutting files or try to design our own echassie.
Apart from the echassie we got all the other pieces lazer cuted out (below)and test fitted them. The test fitted them up which was fine.The depth censor also came today which we soldered all up to the right pins. We are planing to seal it up with adhesive glue and mount it on the outside of one of the arms.
Note from Dad: The “e-chassis” is the part of the ROV that houses all the electronics and is made from a 4″ OD acrylic tube which is clear to allow the camera inside to see out. I also added some photos of our depth sensor.